Updated: 24 September
ESCPSNA are following all NSW Government guidelines to ensure the health and safety of all our Volunteers, Coaches, Officials, Players and their families.
The Netball NSW COVID-19 toolkit provides all the necessary information pertaining to netball activities under the current restrictions in alignment with the return of Community Sporting Competitions from July 1. The latest advice from NSW Health is available here and a copy of the ESCPSNA COVID Safety Plan is also available for download if required.
All ESCPSNA member schools should have appointed their own COVID Safety Officer who will be provided with Safety Information for training and the competition to be distributed to their teams. All teams are required to complete the ESCPSNA Training Attendance Register during each training session for contact tracing purposes.
All our players, coaches, managers, parents and carers are requested to adhere to the following during all netball activities (training / competition):-
- Before participating in any netball activity, participants (including players, coaches, umpires, parents/carers and spectators) should not attend training or play in a match, if:
- unwell or had any flu-like symptoms, or
- been in contact with a known case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or
- been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or
- been in Victoria in the last 14 days, or
- been in any of the reported case locations listed on the NSW Health website
- any sudden loss of smell or loss of taste, or
- are at a high risk from a health perspective, including the elderly and those with pre-existing medical heath conditions
- Sharing of equipment should be minimised where possible and continue to maintain cleaning and disinfectant measures
- Each player to bring own hand sanitiser, labelled water bottle, towel and tissues
- Practice good hygiene and responsible distancing of 1.5m for all substitute players, parents and spectators
- Do not arrive more than 10-minutes prior to the activity commencing
- Avoid unnecessary body contact, for example no hand shaking or high fives
- Once play or training has concluded, social activity should be limited with players encouraged to leave as soon as practical
- End of Season team presentations are not permitted
The following updated public health recommendations around spectators will be implemented from Saturday 26 September.
For the final day of the ESCPSNA 2020 Netball Season, two parents/carers are permitted per player to attend on the proviso that the following ESCPSNA COVID Safety Rules are adhered to:-
- Only coaches, managers and substitute players to be allowed in the court vicinity
- No parent/carers allowed within the fenced area of the top courts
- Parents/carers should keep well back from the lower courts
- All teams are requested to move off the court directly after their game to allow for the next teams to enter
We also recommend downloading the COVIDSafe app to help to increase the Government’s tracing and tracking capabilities.
For further information please get in touch with your school’s ESCPSNA COVID Safety Officer.