Please note the following rules apply to the Opens teams.
- All players registered in Opens teams must have their signature recorded on the Team Registration Form at the beginning of the season.
- Any player playing in the Opens, needs to sign the scoresheet that day. This includes casual / occasional / fill-in players.
- To clarify “occasional” : Players can only play up into an Opens team (i.e. fill in) up to three times per team per season. If a club has two Opens teams, they can fill-in three times in each team, ie up to 6 games.
- Only players who are registered in an Opens team at the start of the season can play in the semi-finals and finals for that team.
- Players can’t register in more than one Opens team, as then they would be “playing across” which is not permitted in the Opens division.
- The Committee may deduct one point from teams with a scorecard infringement. This includes incomplete player signatures.
- A ladder will be kept – A win equates to 2 points, a draw equates to 1 point, a loss equates to 0 points. Goal differences will also be recorded.
Year 6 Opens Competition 2018
This year we have 19 registered Opens teams, which means each week 1 team will have a bye. In order to keep the competition balanced, it will be run as follows-
- 5 weeks of games will be played
- A ladder will be kept and will be done so on a percentage basis and not a points basis. This means that the standings at the end of the Preliminary Round will be determined using a Win Percentage, which is wins divided by games played (a draw equals half a win).
- This method will be used to take into account the uneven number of games that some teams will play due to byes.
- This will be updated weekly on the ESCPSNA website
In case of preliminary round games cancelled due to wet weather, make up games will be played in order for the preliminary round to be completed.
- Two divisions will be formed with 2 new separate ladders, points starting from zero
- Division 1
- Division 2
- All teams will play each other within their division
- Finals will be played in the last few weeks
In case of competition round games cancelled due to wet weather, we will endeavour to play make up games to complete the competition rounds and lead into the finals series.
Finals and Extra Games
- Semi Finals, Finals, and a Grand Final will be played in the last 3 weeks of the competition for the top 4 teams in each Division.
- Teams not ranked in the top 4 will continue to play 2 weeks of extra games followed by play offs for their end of season ranking.
- The winner of the Division 1 Grand Final will be awarded the perpetual ESCPSNA trophy.
- The winner of the Division 2 Grand Final will also be awarded a trophy.