Please note the following rules apply to the Year 6 Opens teams.
- All registered players in the Opens competition must be marked off on the scoresheet. Any casual / occasional / fill-in players must have their name recorded in the space provided on the scoresheet.
- To clarify “occasional” : Players can only play up into an Opens team (i.e. fill in) up to three times per team per season. If a school has two Opens teams, they can fill-in three times in each team, ie up to 6 games.
- Only players who are registered in an Opens team at the start of the season can play in the semi-finals and finals for that team.
- Players can’t register in more than one Opens team, as then they would be “playing across” which is not permitted in the Opens division.
- The Committee may deduct one point from teams with a scoresheet or player infringement.
- A Round Robin competition will be played where all teams play each other. If there are more than 14 teams registered, two divisions will be formed after a determining preliminary round of games.
- A ladder will be kept – A win equates to 2 points, a draw equates to 1 point, a loss equates to 0 points. Goal differences will also be recorded.
- If games are cancelled due to wet weather, we will endeavour to play make up games where possible.
- Finals and play offs will be played in the last week(s) of the competition. The structure of the these finals will be announced mid way through term 3.